Christmas Aftermath 2010

Christmas isn't always an ideal season, but this year was much more normal than most. Gifts were given and received in a spirited manner, and very few people were insulted by my referencing of the birth of zombie Jesus, which is what this holiday is all about.

I myself had a bountiful haul this year, bringing in some of the best gifts I've ever received. I'd like to thank all of my family and friends for these amazing gifts. If I left anything out, it's because I'm drunk and really shouldn't be blogging at this ungodly hour.

Blackberry Curve 9300



This is my very first smart phone and the only one I've ever wanted. I hate touch screens, so the iPhone, HTC, and even Blackberry Torch weren't really options for me. I love having a hardware QWERTY keyboard on my phone because now I can write up blog posts even while I'm dicking around the province, visiting family and strippers alike.

Last Night on Earth



I didn't get a chance to play this board game on Christmas, but from what I understand it's similar to the venerable Zombies!!! that has been a staple in my household for the last two years. As with many people these days, I've had an unhealthy obsession with the undead. After watching Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake, I quickly purchased The Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z by Max Brooks (Mel Brooks' son) in order to prepare myself for the inevitable.

My cousin bought me this, and she is a girl who knows her board games. After bringing Ticket to Ride into my life, I trust her judgment above all others'.

Last Night on Earth also comes with a CD Soundtrack to listen to while you play, so this is automatically the most awesome gift I've ever received.

Boba Fett



My fucking god, you have no idea how long I've been looking for a Boba Fett action figure. Apparently you can get one if you purchase five select Star Wars figures, but that comes to about $50 just to get the one figure that you actually wanted. I'm sorry, but I just don't care enough about Dash Rendar to spend $10 on him and all his friends.

I don't know how my cousin knew that I wanted this (it could have been something to do with me saying "Oh my fucking god, I wish I could find a Boba Fett action figure"), but somehow she just knew. I still haven't decided whether to keep it in the package or open it up so that my Clone Wars Yoda figure can have tea parties with it, so I might hold a poll to see what everyone else thinks. (Note: The results of any aforementioned poll will have little bearing on my final decision.)

Sketchbook + Fantasia Drawing Pencils + 0.1 mm Staedtler Pen



This may seem like a lame gift to some, but it may surprise you to learn that I am quite the avid sketch artist. I love getting new sketchbooks and pencils each year since I go through these things like a redneck goes through teeth.

I've been experimenting a lot with inking lately, so I've gone through quite a few Staedtler pens since I've started. My friend Shelby was kind enough to buy me a new 0.1 mm pen so that I may ink my Dragon Ball Z erotica art like a motherfucking pro.

Seriously, though, Staedtler is probably the best brand of pens I've ever used. Now if only they would pay me for this endorsement.

Moccasin Slippers



My sister gave me a pair of very nice slippers two years ago for Christmas, but they've been plotting to kill me ever since. I keep tripping over them whenever I walk up stairs, so I need something with an actual heel to prevent them from slipping off of my feet.

These are the warmest slippers I've ever worn, and I think my sweaty feet will be forever greatful.

Pajama Pants



The crotch of my pajamas always wear out ridiculously fast. Maybe it's just me, but I find that I need a new pair about every four months. Since there are twelve months in a year, December is the twelfth month and twelve is a multiple of four, it works out that I can always expect a new pair of pajamas every Christmas and not a moment too soon—because nobody wants to see what this Santa flops out of his sack on Christmas morning.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2


This was a gift to myself, as well as to all the starving children or whoever the Hell benefits from the Child's Play charity. Honestly, the Penny Arcade folks could be funding the spread of AIDS to all the gay girls and boys and I wouldn't care at this point because I can finally play through all of Penumbra and not feel like a jerk for not having already done so.

Excessive Amounts of Alcohols



Christmas just wouldn't be the same if I weren't drunk and blogging at six in the morning the following day. Since 2 o'clock this afternoon I think I've had five glasses of wine, an entire case of Kokanee, two vodka coolers and some homemade eggnog, which means that blogging is about the only thing I'm sober enough to do anymore. Though, perhaps I'll also sign onto Quake Live tonight and regale the folks there about my adoration of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Did you know that he was in Race to Witch Mountain? Would you be surprised to learn that the movie has little or nothing to do with witches? Because I sure was. They really put a lot of emphasis on the "mountain" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cap cap