The Humble Indie Bundle 2

This is something that I wouldn't normally do, but I'm in the Christmas spirit (read: drunk). I just went to the Humble Indie Bundle website and bought the whole kit and caboodle (kitten caboodle?). Samorost 2 and Machinarium are all they really had to include to get my attention, but a few too many eggnogs is what it took for them to get my credit card number.

If you don't know what the Humble Indie Bundle 2 is, it's a bundle of five independent games that you get to set your own price on. You can buy them all for as little as $0.01, though if you spend $7.80 or more you'll also get the six games from the original HIB. Then you get to determine how much of your money goes to the games' developers and how much goes to charities like Child's Play. It's a pretty good deal for anyone who isn't Hitler.

Honestly, I'll probably never play some of the games that I just bought, but you can't really fault Cortex Command, Machinarium, Samorost 2, World of Goo or Braid. They're all amazing games that put a lot of what mainstream developers are working on to shame.

The only reasons I might regret my purchase later on are that Jonathan Blow, the creator of Braid, is a total dick and I really wish that The Path were included as well—but there's always next year for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

cap cap